Cross the Russia-Ukraine border

I would like to go to Kharkiv, Ukraine and after coming to Moscow but cannot find direct planes.

Is it safe to fly over Donbass territory?

now it's impossible(

now it's impossible(

David 2022

A bus to Kharkiv costs 350

A bus to Kharkiv costs 350 rubles per person. Also, don't forget to buy a ticket for your luggage! A baggage ticket costs 35 rubles. You don't need a ticket for your hand luggage, just for your large backpack or suitcase.

medagro28

I'll let you know about our

I'll let you know about our experience. At different times, I crossed the so-called "Three sisters" (Senkivka), Bachivsk, Hrymyach and some other points in the East.

Senkivka was more empty than Bachivsk at the time (care should be taken while keeping in mind that foreigners cannot enter Russia via the Bel / Ru border as their first entry). Hrymyach has always been deserted because the road to it is a total killer. Last year, during my road trip in the Sumy region, I drove to the border at Yunakivka, which was not too busy on weekdays. But again, many roads in the Sumy region can't even be called roads (and Romny Avtodor deserves to choose between eternal hellfire and eternal driving on their roads), so I can't recommend it .

You see, crossing borders in Ukraine is always random, that is, impossible to predict how long it may take to cross.

And quite often, choosing between checkpoints in Ukraine, you choose between taking the right route, then standing and waiting for hours at the popular checkpoint, or driving for hours "in backyards and vegetable gardens By killing your car, then arriving at a relatively empty checkpoint ...

DAYNE

Hi William and welcome to the

Hi William and welcome to the Ukraine forum

Yes, completely possible of course. But not so easy because it is one of the most used checkpoints with this country, so very busy.

P.S. The E95 route on this route until after Kipti is not so good at the moment (as for what we expect from E routes), improves a bit after taking the E101.

I just spoke with a friend who crossed in early May - he said it took about 6 hours to cross. And this is not the maximum time on this checkpoint; may be longer.

Keen chafin

There is an excellent road

There is an excellent road through the north of Ukraine which runs along Belarus which passes by kovel-sarny-korosten I used it several times and it is very fast it is real billiards, practically no village crossing and only 2 checkpoints or I have never been stopped you are still walking in the middle of the forests

Jean Aramis

It is perfectly (relatively)

It is perfectly (relatively) easy to pass from Ukraine to Russia and from Kiev to Kursk. A few tips :

1) absolutely avoid the Donbass region (Lugansk, Donetsk) where in any case you would be stranded before, given the current heavy tension (euphemism)

2) avoid the majestic Kiev-Kharkov (M03-E40) before Poltava (rotten road).

3) 2 possible routes: Kiev-Sumy via the H07, calm and pleasant road. Or Kiev-Piryatin via the M03-E40, then Piryatin-Kursk via P60-H07.

Crossing the Ukraine-Russia border east of Sumy, no info, never done ... Good if we are in good standing: Russian visa, registration card and ad-hoc insurance, there is no reason it's going badly ...

suahusk

Hello everyone, a Ukrainian

Hello everyone, a Ukrainian friend asked me to spend ten days in Ukraine, in Kiev more precisely. I was wondering about security and some practical questions:

-Is the situation back to normal in Kiev?

-Is petty crime a problem in Kiev for foreign tourists? -Cash payments Are they at risk or difficult? -Is it dangerous to go out at night in the city center?

If you ever have other useful info, it would be very nice, thank you for lighting my lantern!

cordially

jean bernard

Hello, I contacted the

Hello, I contacted the Ukrainian Embassy today and they assured me that there was no risk of crossing the Russian border by bus or train. Do you think this information is valid?

jean-bernard

It is perfectly (relatively)

It is perfectly (relatively) easy to pass from Ukraine to Russia and from Kiev to Kursk. Some advice:

1) absolutely avoid the Donbass region (Lugansk, Donetsk) where in any case you would be stranded before, given the current heavy tension (euphemism)

2) avoid the masterful Kiev-Kharkov (M03-E40) before Poltava (road rotten) .

3) 2 possible routes: Kiev-Sumy via the H07, quiet and pleasant road. Or Kiev-Piryatin via the M03-E40, then Piryatin-Kursk via P60-H07. Crossing the Ukraine-Russia border east of Sumy, no info, never done ... Good if we are in good standing : Russian visa, registration card and ad-hoc insurance, there is no reason why it should go wrong ...

Rishi Kumar